Tuesday, August 02, 2011

healthy snack recipe: roasted orange

thanks for all your kind words of support on the previous post! for those of you looking for an interesting healthy snack idea - something that's great to have before exercise, or for breakfast, then roasting an orange might just be the answer...


it might not be low GI, but it's super tasty! and it's a great way to get fruit into your diet, in a slightly different way. it's great to have just before your morning exercise, and it's fresh, zingy flavour works beautifully with a little bit of cinnamon yogurt on the side.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Hi Alissa! Just thought I'd let you know that I tried this recipe today and it was delicious :) I took your tip and served it with cinammon, and a little bit of dark chocolate and natural yoghurt. Instead of a snack, I made it for my mum and I as a dessert and we both really enjoyed it. Thank you! x

Barrett said...

That sounds delicious! I'll certainly have to try it - especially with the cinnamon yogurt :)
I noticed that you're also on TuDiabetes! I also have a blog so if you get at chance you should check it out at http://howtodiabetic.blogspot.com. Take care and keep the delicious tips coming!